This is a questionnair concerning our project about the correct procedure of leukocyte counting. We would be happy if a doctor/medical student would find the time to answer our questions.
1. Which (leukocyte) counting method do you prefer? (Digital or by eye)
2. When do you initiate a white blood cell counting? What symptoms must a patient have?
3. Which method do you find more reliable digitally or by eye?
4. After a digital examination, do you initiate an examination under the microscope as well or is it not necessary, if so when is it necessary?
5. Do you think that the numbers of leukocytes can be measurably increased by artificially created stress situations (virtual reality / video games)?
6. Do you think exercise can measurably increase the number of leukocytes?
7. What else stimulates leukocyte production other than pathogens?
8. Are you using a Tücksch’ solution for haemolysis or are you just using 3% acetic acid?