This is a questionnair concerning our project about the correct procedure of peripheral blood smearing. We would be happy if a doctor/medical student would find the time to answer our questions.
1. What is the best method for you to fix blood samples? Methanol or draw slides over a flame?
2. How often are blood smears/ films done in your practice?
3. Which staining method do you use / have used most? (Pappenheim, Jenner, Giemsa stains etc.)
4. Which was the most reliable for you?
5. When would you initiate a blood film procedure?