Pelvic inflammatory disease or PID for short is a sort of infection that affects a female’s reproductive organs.
Pelvic inflammatory disease or PID for short is a sort of infection that affects a female’s reproductive organs. Most woman may get this disease through sexual activities. When transmitted bacteria enters a woman’s vagina it could spread to the ovaries, fallopian, or even the uterus. This virus can cause havoc to a woman’s reproductive system.
There are quite a few different bacteria types that may cause PID but the most common are sexually transmitted infections. Additionally, some surgical procedure may also cause PID such as an abortion. There are many factors that will increase your risk of getting PID.
Some common factor is such as when a woman has more than one sexual partner, having unprotected intercourse, a history of sexually transmitted diseases, or regular douching.
There are many women that may have or get PID but shows no symptoms or signs of it. The woman that do get symptoms and signs may experience back pain, pain during intercourse, pain while urinating, fever, general exhaustion, a loss of appetite, pelvic pain, vaginal discharge with an odor, lower abdominal pain, or irregular menstrual bleeding.
PID can leave a scar on the fallopian tubes and may cause infertility if not treated in time. You will need to see a doctor for PID as the home remedies can only be used as an assisted treatment. However, there are also other diseases that may have similar symptoms according to the doctors at Forest Hills Medical Services NY.
Here is a look at some of the home remedies one can use in conjunction with PID treatment.
Garlic has very strong antibiotic and antibacterial properties. Thus, it is good for treating PID. There are several different compounds found in garlic that will destroy harmful bacteria caused by PID. Garlic also helps to regulate good vaginal bacteria and may prevent any recurrence of infections.
• You can take 2 to 3 garlic cloves that are minced. Add these to a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry until your garlic turns a brown color. Once done, you may strain the oil and wait for it to cool down.
When the oil you removed is cold use a cotton ball to soak in the oil. Place the oily cotton ball in the vagina for a couple of seconds. You are basically only applying the oil with the cotton ball. Wait about 2 to 3 hours before you rinse or wash. You may do this daily until the infection is gone completely.
• You should also ensure your intake of garlic is a lot more than normal. This can be achieved by adding garlic to most of your meals, or by taking a garlic supplement.
Wow, again! Will you believe me if a say that this is the most magical product that there is? This product helps with an unbelievable amount of things.
Baking soda is a very effective treatment for PID. What is so awesome about baking soda is that it has alkaline compounds which can reduce acidity. Another benefit is that baking soda will also help balance your bodies PH level.
1. Add ½ a teaspoon baking soda to a glass of water.
2. Then add 1 teaspoon of psyllium fiber to the water and stir.
3. You should drink this only once a week on an empty stomach.
Massages help with many different conditions and health issues. A lower abdominal and pelvic message will help with PID. It assists by increasing blood flow (of the reproductive organs) and tightening the muscles. This will ease your pain and will give you relaxation while also speeding up the healing process.
1. Take a few drop of lavender essential oil and mix it in with some olive oil.
2. Now lie stretch out on your bed and apply the mix to your lower abdomen.
3. Start massaging your lower abdomen and pelvic area in circular motions. You must do this for about 5 to 10 minutes and 1 to 2 times a day until the symptoms diminish.
Please just remember that you must first go and see your doctor before doing any of these or other things.